"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I hate my dogs... well, 2 of them anyway...

People often think we're crazy for having 3 dogs. Up until now I've always dissagreed, 3 dogs equals 3 times the fun, right?

WRONG!

Why in the world did I have to be born such an animal-loving freak?!?! Why couldn't I just be content with the one perfect dog (Sirius...duh) and not insist on taking in the other 2 "poor,toubled,neglected, all-they-need-is-some-love" TERRORS?

As you may recall, I had a run in with Luna just a week or so ago... she's still a bit on my bad side. But just now my murderous inclinations reached a new high when I discovered Mini EATING my special blankie!!! This is a 6 year old blanket I crocheted for Ben while we were dating, one we still use to this day and keeps me nice and warm when we snuggle on the couch! (It had all the makings of a future family heirloom... well, to me anyway) It's got sentimental value people, not just some dumb blanket you purchase at Walmart for 10 bucks and discard without a second thought!!! She was EATING it! (Well, not ingesting it actually, but chewing and spitting it out)

So now there is a big HOLE in my blanket which will surely unravel and die a premature death... I am so beyond anger and frustration... She has ruined MANY things in this same manner many many times before. We get her bones and chew toys so its not OUR fault she's so stupid she can't tell whats acceptable to maul and whats not! I hate, hate, HATE her right now!!! I know thats really harsh, and most of you are probably thinking, "it's just a blanket, get over it!" but it enfuriates me to the point of madness that she has still not learned her lesson and that life would be SO much simpler if we had just never taken her in when she was dumped on us a few years ago! Same thing goes for Luna... UGH! Times like this really accenntuate all the things that bother me about them and I forget all the warm fuzzy "I love puppies!" feelings that got me into this predicament in the first place!

Sirius is the perfect dog... why did we have to ruin it? *Sigh* But of course now we're stuck. We're too soft to just get rid of them... and trust me, even if we were to try, its almost impossible to pawn dogs off on other people.(Unless they're childless idiots like us...) Trust me, we've been there, done that with Mini in the past. And taking them to a shelter is out of the question too because they'll just kill them and I could never live with myself after that. So no... we're pretty much stuck with them until nature does the job for us... and considering that Mini is only 4 and Luna 2, thats a loooooong time. To be fair to Sirius, thats probably a good thing though, because he gets awfully lonely and sad being all by his lonesome self... which is why we accepted Mini in the first place. His Vet said he needed a companion.

I'm sure this too will pass. I'll get over my blankie... Maybe it's time to make another one, right? That would be fun... I guess... *sigh* Why couldn't we just have kids like everyone else and not have to fill the void with dogs? Argh... Ok, now I'm going to go off and sulk for the rest of the night until Ben gets home from work. (Dang it Jasper, why can't you be real?!?! Ok, breathe Alex... do not kill your dog... do not kill your dog...)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Well, I have to disagree with one thing LOL Anthony broke the CAPS key off my laptop. Full on grabbed my laptop and ripped the key off and broke the clip. Yep so as I type no CAPS key. =-) But my little man is perfect =-) (just thought you would think that story was funny)

Your post makes me laugh though cause thats exactly how larry feels about our cat Austin. We got him as a "friend" for Bizkit. She's the perfect cat as well. Austin pee's on things when he's not happy with us (we have had to get sooooo many new sets of bed sheets), claws on furniture even though he has a cat scratcher, chews on wires around the house and makes it so the item no longer works...... yeah i could go on and on. But we love him.... why I have no idea LOL

Em said...

when I was a girl (5 yearsish maybe?)I begged my mom to let us get these two little puppies that her friend was trying to find a home for. she finally caved and we got the dogs I named Robin Hood, and Little John. I LOVED those dogs...for the first week or so. The problem was, even as puppies they were bigger than I was and I got a little leery of having them knock me over all the time when I'd try to feed them etc. I went through great inner turmoil before finally telling my mom I wanted to give them to the pound where they would be killed. (I found recently that she did NOT give them to the pound but some other poor soul took them in.)

I'm SO glad there are people like you who were born with more LOVE and PATIENCE than people like me. You're wonderful Alex!

Alex said...

That's a hillrious story! I can see little you telling your mom that, "ok, they can be killed now, I'm done! ;) Oh, I wouldn't consider us quite as magnanimous as you'd think, 1/2 the time I spend wishing we'd never taken them in... lol. I guess we're too soft though... the other day we were in a store and there were some yard decorations. One had a house with all sorts of animals popping out of the seams with the sign "Animal Shelter" out front. Ben pointed it out to me and I figure we're only about 1 creature short from becomming just that!