"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore ~
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Gratitude
Today has been a very scary day for all in my family. After some scary results on a cardiac test that he failed, my dad had to have his stents checked on and we were not sure if he'd need more put in or if this could turn into something more serious, like open heart surgery. With his hernia surgery pending on the outcome of today's procedure(he's got a bulge the size of an egg in his groin), we've all been a little bit on edge today, waiting to hear from my mom. It was terrible to be stuck at work, so very very far away from my mom and dad, not knowing what was going on. Thankfully Heavenly Father intervined, and conveniently had some painters show up to work on our office's remodeling just at the right time. The fumes got to be too much to handle, and with no doctors in the office today, we closed down early. I was grateful for that, because I'd already had one breakdown this morning, and did NOT want to be at work if my mom was calling with bad news. So I came home early to wait, but just as I was getting out of my car (at home) my mom called with good news... My dad was out and in recovery, everything had gone just fine and it looks like the hernia surgery is still a go in a few weeks. I'm so grateful that my dad was being watched over and that everything went as smoothly as it did, even for myself! Now I think I'm going to take a nap, since I didn't get much sleep last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your dad - but so happy everything has turned out to be good news! Thanks for the comments on my blog - life is crazy and I love it so much.
ps - I LOVE the quote you have in the header of your blog - SO TRUE!
Thanks Tamara, I appreciate it! I love stopping by your blog to see how Camryn is growing, she is such an adorable baby! I bet you guys are just loving life, I'm so happy for you! :)
Post a Comment