
FAN-TAS-TIC!!!
I really have no idea where to even begin with all my praise for this book. One of the best love stories I've ever read! Soooo much more than just a love story, really... it's hard to even put the concept into words. Triumph of love over hate and the deepest rooted of hatred and prejudices? Like I said, I'm at a loss for words. One of the best reads for me personally, on so many levels. Wow.
Go read it!

3 comments:
I read the inside flap of this one. It starts like a sci-fi aliens taking over your brain book, then suddenly morphs into true-love mush.
Yup, its a great book! Acoording to YOU, it fits your definition of a good sci-fi book as well:
"Too many people think that sci-fi is books about spaceships. I have long argued that good sci-fi (which Ender's Game is) is about characters. The futuristic setting should remain a small detail."
(Clark sometime in May)
The sci-fi stuff (aliens taking over your brain, technology behind it, other worlds, etc) is all still there but its mostly about the characters and their relationships with each other. Just as Ender's Game was about Ender and his relationships with others, their manipulation of his mind, etc... so is The Host, except its taking more of a romantic turn. But still mostly about love(in all its aspects, not just romantic) vs hate and working past prejudices.
You really should give it a shot. :)
PS> She does give a few shout outs to OSC and Ender's Game in the book too, by the way. You might find that interesting.
Post a Comment