I am SO sick and tired of all the whining, moaning and groaning, and gnashing of teeth over the so called impending doom of a depression that's coming. The "suffering" of the middle class and all that crap, etc etc. I consider Ben and I as falling into the lower middle class label. Are we rich? Obviously not. Do we have a huge house and really expensive cars? No! Can we afford to eat out every night and purchase whatever we want, whenever we want? No! But does that mean we're suffering? NO! It means we're trying to live within our means, paying down our debt and *GASP* using self control!
It really disturbs me to see all these fingers being pointed at parties and people, like the whole thing is their fault. What ever happened to personal accountability for one's own actions? We have been doing the Dave Ramsey debt ellimination program because WE were stupid and got ourselves into consumer debt. That's no one's fault but our own. Thankfully we were smart enough not to get suckered into an unneccesarily big house with a foolish ARM loan, and one of the good things about not having kids is that we get along just fine with our 2 economy sized, used cars. So no, even though we are at the bottom of the middle-class rung, I don't think we're "suffering" by any stretch of the imagination.
Yes, many companies preyed on the uneducated and foolish people that were more interested in keeping up with the Jonses than living within their means. I hate that this bailout plan does nothing to teach them a lesson... basically its a freebie, an incentive to keep doing bad business. However, what has been learned? Unfortunately not much... and until people quit being stupid and greedy it doesn't matter what they do, or who runs this country, because all it is, is just putting a bandaid on a deep wound.
ARGH... I usually abstain from getting political because these things just make me angry. I don't consider myself a political buff, but I do value my common sense... something I fear many in this country have lost.

No comments:
Post a Comment