Gotta make this quick because once the pups are done eating I have to get back to the hospital, but anyways... here goes. Ben comes home last night and starts complaining of a stomach ache. About an hour later he starts puking... it gets BAD really quick and so I took him to Urgent Care. Dr.Shmuck sees him (the same doctor that told me my toe was fine because I could walk on it) and says its food poisoning. He gives Ben a shot of Phenegran and sends us home with some scripts. I asked pointblank about the possibility of appendicitis but Dr.Shmuck says "No way, he doesn't have a fever and the pain is too high." (Doesn't even bother to take some blood to check his white cell count)
Two hours later (after returning home and seeing absolutely NO improvement) Ben starts complaining of pain in his lower right quadrant... surprise, surprise. With some coaxing from his mom and dad, he finally agrees to go to the ER. Guess what? Appendicitis!
Unfortunately it ruptured, leaking nastiness into his abdomen, and so now he has a drainage tube from his inscision, an NG tube running down to his stomach from his nose, and a host of other tubes and wires coming out of him. He's alright and so far has made it through the day with no complications. He's in pain, very uncomfortable, and a bit of a grouch, poor guy.
I'm pretty much living at the hospital and will do so for a few days. I'll just come home to feed the pups and while I'm here I'll post updates. Thanks for the prayers!

No comments:
Post a Comment