Ben is HOME! Yup, thats right, he's actually home!!! I'm still shocked, and to be quite frank a bit terrified. Het got most of his tubes out yesterday and that helped quite a bit, but as I mentioned in my last post he was getting terrible migraines and just didn't feel so hot. Today was a huge turn-around. They started giving him a bit more sustanance (cream of wheat, yogurt, creamed soups, puddings, etc) and I think that gave him a boost of energy. He took a few walks up and down the halls and the PT was very impressed. Dr.Crawford came in, examined him, took a look at his inscision and JP bag (drainage tube and pouch) and asked him if he'd like to go home today? I was like, "WHAT?" Yeah, totally not prepared.
So here we are, back at home and Ben is soooooooooooooooooooo much happier. He doesn't look like someone that had his belly sliced open 2 days ago! His inscision is about... 4-5 inches long and he still has that drainage tube, but it looks "great" as per the doctor and nurses. I'll have some wound care duties (emptying/measuring/re-suctioning, etc) to perform until Monday when he goes in to see him and get the JP tube out.
Wow, so yeah... what a whirlwind of a past 4 days! He could have died on Monday... that still scares the crap out of me. We are intending on writing a letter to Dr.Schmuck to let him know he could have caused Ben his life if we had been as complacent as he had been. He was one sick sick pup on Monday and everyone (including the doctors) are in awe at how amazingly quick he's bounced back. I'm so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and blessings, I know thats what got him through this as quickly and as well as he did. Now he's just got to rest and let the healing process do its thing. He probably won't ba back to work for a while, but he's 110% better just being at home.
Thanks again for the prayers calls, and visits!

2 comments:
Sorry I haven't commented before, I've been sadly lacking from the internet scene.
I can't believe the doctor was such an idiot - I'm glad you're writing him a letter. He needs to know that he could get sued for that kind of thing.
And I'm so glad to hear that Ben is ok, and that he's feeling better. What a relief!
I really think it was the Horror Ball that did the trick. I'm just sayin'...
Post a Comment