I had a feeling something bad would happen since Ben totally overdid it yesterday... While we took all the precautions we could with his JP drain (taping, pinning, and low-riding his pants!)alas, it was not enough. While I was applying Bacitracin to his inscisions I noticed that the stitches around the JP tube (the ones that hold it in place) had come loose. *GULP!* It kinda freaked me out to see them still attached to the tube, but about 1/2" away from his inscision... which means, about 1/2" of tubing had come OUT of his body!
We were given instructions to call the doctor immediately if this were to happen, so I did. Luckily, the doctor said 1/2" is no big deal because the tube is pretty long inside. We have an appt to get it taken out tomorrow at 9AM anyway, so it's ok. He just had me tape it to his body a little more snuggly and smear some more ointment all over the opening.
So yeah... that was a little bit of a scare today. Hopefully it will come out tomorrow and everything will calm down a bit more. His big inscision is all bruised and nasty looking, but no signs of infection, so I think he's healing nicely. He stayed at home today and has been just laying about on the couch, resting. I'm paranoid he's gonna pull the rest of it out, so I'm kinda being a meany about not letting him do much but yeah, whatever... today scared the crap out of me!

2 comments:
Ben WOULD pull that sucker out all by himself. Sick! Haha. But I'm glad he could come and play some mean guitar (and don't worry that it's pronounced gitter in my head whilst writing this).
You guys have been through quite the ordeal! I hope Ben is back to 100% with no more pain or tubes soon!
Post a Comment