"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, October 10, 2008

Ben Update #3 (Oh what a night...)

We survived our first night home! It was rough again, though... Pain led to taking Lortab, which led to another migraine, which led to us being up most of the night. I finally convinced him to let me make him (a really early) breakfast so that he could take 800mg Ibuprofen since the Tylenol wasn't doing squat. I made him some "smiley face bananas & cream of wheat" (I'll have to post a picture later, it actually got him to crack a smile... finally!) and he had some OJ, so I was pleased and he was able to take his meds. Now he is slumbering away, thank goodness.

On today's schedule we have: taking a shower (woohoo!!!), shaving (woohoohoo!!!), and taking a few strolls around the house. His inscision is starting to look all bruised and stuff (which is normal, I know) and we're trying to help him conserve energy for tomorrow... Suz's wedding! I'm still trying to figure out how we're going to get his church clothes on him... that JP bag has to hang on the outside (safety pinned in place) and it's not a pretty sight... maybe I'll try covering it with a white sock? Heehee...

Ok, I'm off to check on my sleeping beauty and try to get a few winks in myself. More to come later! Thanks again for everyone's thoughts, prayers, calls, visits, get-well cards/gifts, etc etc. It has bolstered his spirits tremendously!

No comments: