"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, July 18, 2008

This is it... no turning back now!

Tonight I will attempt for the first time in a little over 3 months to sleep without the aid of drugs. Wait, that didn't sound right, did it? ;P Ok, let me rephrase that, without the help of my little green friend, the sleeping pill. The Lupron should be pretty much almost out of my system since I would be due for a 7th shot on Tuesday but will instead be starting Femara again. My migraines and headaches have been steadily declining for the past 2 weeks SO I'm hopeful the insomnia will be gone as well. Of course, I've been told that these nasty side effects can linger for months unfortunately... That would be utterly sucky, but I really have no choice in the matter, as my little green good-sleep pill is classified as a class D drug which is a big no-no for me now that we're starting up Femara again. Wish me luck... I would hate to go back to only getting 1-2 hours of sleep per night, especially since Seminary is starting back up in about a month... yikes! :/

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Alex - I know when I was PG with Anthony and in the hospital they did give me a sleeping pill that was safe. I totally forget what it was but if you can't sleep there is another option and I'm sure you dr would know. But lets hope you don't need it =-)

Kim

Jeanne said...

Alex,

I found a blog called "My Journey With Endometriosis" today and you had posted a comment there. That led me to your blog!

Like you, I have endometriosis. It hit me at age 13 and I am now 39. As you can see, I also occasionally struggle with insomnia (2:42 am my time right now). Mine isn't induced by Lupron. My insomnia is multifactorial (i.e. way too long to explain now).

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Harry Potter books! (Check out the “My Shelfari” widget/tool on my endo blog. The whole boxed set of Harry Potter is sitting in my virtual bookcase)!!!

After many years of reading almost exclusively medical books (never just reading for FUN), I read the whole entire Harry Potter series from start to finish in late 2007 and early 2008. I had surgery on 1/10/2008 so Harry Potter kept me good company while I recovered from surgery!! I literally read them all straight through... all of them in a row with no breaks.

Friends who got into Harry Potter before they were all published envied me that I didn't have to withstand the suspense between book releases! :) I just love the Harry Potter books. J.K. Rowling is a brilliant genious of an author!

Sooo, it sounds like we have some things in common!

I'd like to invite you to visit my new endometriosis blog!!!!!

It launched on June 1, 2008 but it already has LOTS of content. I've had endo 26 years now and I have run (as a volunteer) a local endo support group for 7 years this August. So I have lots to write about on endo!

My blog also talks about co-existing illnesses to endo (i.e. fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis) and other chronic illnesses. (I have numerous chronic illnesses myself).

Anyway, here is my blog address:

www.endendoat.blogspot.com

I really hope you like it and it would totally make my day (!) if you posted a comment or two on my blog... but only if the urge strikes you! :)

I LOVE FEEDBACK!!

Be well,

A Muggle Named “Jeanne”

:)

Jeanne said...

Hi Alex!

I just gave your blog a plug!! I was also inspired to install the widget for "The Foundation For A Better Life" after seeing it on your blog!!

Please reference my new article for more details:

Saturday, July 19, 2008
Endometriosis Blog: HOPE Really Matters For Healing, Coping, & Managing Chronic Illness!


Jeanne
www.endendoat.blogspot.com

Alex said...

Jeanne,
Wow, thanks for checking out my blog and leaving such great comments! I'm only home for just a second and have to leave again but I checked out your blog and its awesome! (thanks for the plug, by the way!) I've been thinking about starting my own Endo section on my blog but just haven't gotten around to it, but now I'm all fired up thanks to you! I'm excited to look through all your great info on yours later on today when I have access to the internet again! I'll be in touch, and GO HARRY POTTER! :) My most current obsession is the Twilight Series (although Harry will always be my #1!) have you read them?

Virgie said...

Hope you got some good sleep last night!! Hey I seen your ticker, is your Anniversary on Dec 20?? If it is so is ours! Hope you are doing good.

Alex said...

Thanks gals... I actually had a pretty crappy sleep last night. Mostly in and out, very restless... just like before. Maybe in a few days it'll start getting better.

Alex said...

Oh and yes Virgie, our anniversary is the same as yours, woot! :)

Jeanne said...

Alex,

Can you please email me at my primary account?

endendo@frontiernet.net

I wanted to tell you a very quick little something (offline) about your WONDERFUL new endo blog:

http://www.theinsandoutsofendo.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Jeanne
www.endendoat.blogspot.com

P.S. I was up all night and finally crashed at about 7:00 am for about 3 hours. Also, I'm not familiar w/Twilight. Also, I think it is SOOOO funny what you have named your dogs! GO HARRY POTTER is right!!! Did you see Harry Potter on my endo site in the virtual bookcase?? I put the HP boxed set in there as soon as I installed the "bookcase" recently. Glad I was able to "fire you up" on the endo site. It looks AWESOME!!! :)

Mckay K said...

Hi Alex,

I found your site through Jeanne's beautiful post at www.endendoat.blogspot.com
She gave it such a great review that I just had to check you out. Jeanne does not lie. Your blog is wonderful-and so pretty.

I hope you get good results with your eye treatments. I suffer with astigmatism, glaucoma and was recently diagnosed with cataracts. The glaucoma seems to be under control. The astigmatism does what It wants to do. And life goes on!

I also write a blog entitled "Living with A Chronic Illness at

http://livingwithachronicillness.blogspot.com/

Hopefully, when you visit it, you will find something of interest. If you do, please feel free to leave a comment.

I also liked your link to "A Foundation to a Better Life" and installed the widget on my site. After viewing that site, I have just been smiling. I love it!

Your blog is as awesome as Jeanne said it is. So keep it going when you are able. and as we lovingly say

STAY WELL.

Em said...

oooo...how's it been going? I HOPE you've been able to sleep!