"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Thursday, July 17, 2008

My blindness update

So a few days ago I wrote about my frustrations with my suckier eyesight, all courtesy of the Lupron. Today I had one of the doctors refract me (I know I was supposed to wait 6 weeks but after seeing my autorefractor readings it kinda scared me) and whoa... my eyes have changed a quite a bit... I knew I wasn't going crazy! I am now officially a toric contact lens wearer, ugh... I was hoping never to have to cross that threshold, but unfortunately my astigmatism is now high enough to make it so that I can't see squat in standard lenses. My myopia (nearsightedness)has also gotten worse, hooray.. not. So yeah, Alex is getting new glasses and contacts. There is always a chance my sight could change back again, but for now I just can't see out of my current Rx so we'll deal with the change (if it happens at all)when it happens. *sigh*

2 comments:

Ben said...

Maybe it's because your blog screws with your vision? :p

Alex said...

Nah... I'm pretty sure it was the chemo! ;)