"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July birthday fun!

Besides being our country's birthday, yesterday was also my nephew Jackson's 3rd birthday! The theme was Mickey Mouse (since thats what he's into these days!) so I made him a cake to match, with a little 4th of July patriotism in there as well. I promised pictures, so here you go!



Thanks to the nasty hot and humid weather we had yesterday, I had some problems with the icing melting underneath the fondant and gooing out the edges... I now understand the difficulty all those Food Network Cake Challenge pastry chefs encounter when making their cakes in those humid locations. Things can get really sticky, really fast... I was worried the cake wouldn't make it, but thanks to the AC in our car and in Nate & Tiff's house, Mickey survived until we hacked him into pieces and devoured him! ;)

2 comments:

The Tenney's said...

you are amazing

Alex said...

Thanks! :)