Ok, all I can say is EW to Entertainmant Weekly's new cover for their July 18th issue. They got it ALL wrong, whats wrong with them? Did no one actually bother to pick up the book and READ it? Very poorly planned picture in my opinion, and here is why:1) Bella is a tomboy, pretty much. A plain-jane kind of girl. She HATES dressing up, never wears make up, etc. They dressed up Kristen Stewart all wrong for this... Bella would never consent to looking like that.
2) Edward does not have a nasty hairy chest! Ew!
"He turned then, with a mocking smile, and I stifled a gasp. His white shirt was sleevless, and he wore it unbuttoned, so that the smooth white skin of his throat flowed uninterrupted over the marble contours of his chest, his perfect musculature no longer merely hinted at behind concealing clothes. He was too perfect, I realized with a piercing stab of despair. There was no way this godlike creature could be meant for me." Twilight, pg.256
"He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest... a perfect statue, carved in some unkown stone, smooth like marble, glittering like crystal." Twilight, pg. 260
Ok, what part of that makes it sound like he has a nasty carpet on his chest? Ugh, come one people, at least Photoshop it out!
3) Uh... hello, the eyes? Yeah, enough said.
4) What's with the grimy hands? Edward is always immaculately clean and well groomed. That's part of his whole "non-existant prefect guy" charm, right?
5) Poor Rob, he looks all hopped up on Percocet or something... just a terrible picture of him all together. Edward just could never look that bad even if he tried! (I dunno... maybe when he thought Bella was dead or something? But I doubt that was what they were trying to portray here)
*Sigh* Ok, thats my rant for the day. I'm sorely dissapointed in them. Boooooo to EW! And for those of you that have a hard time seeing the details I'm referring to, here is a link to go to, where you can zoom in and make the picture larger. Sorry, I'm not that cool yet with the HTML and all.

5 comments:
So so true in everything you said! So not the Edward in my mind.
Danielle (BBC)
AMEN!!!
Okay. I think the Edward they got is actually really good for Edward. HOWEVER, I agree with you completely in this picture. Bella looks way too hott, and Edward looks way too not. URGH. I sincerely hope this is just for this lame magazine cover and not how they are actually portrayed in the movie. They didn't just make Edward pale, they made him looking ILL. and gross. and not sexy at all. urgh. how annoying.
OK, just to clarify, I totally LOVE Rob as Edward, that wasn't my beef... I just hate the way he looks in this particular picture. So far, from the clips and stills I've seen from the movie, they've done a great job of keeping him close to the book, so I'm happy about that!
I was discussing this with a friend today and he said that he'd read somewhere online that the photographer had this weird vision with this shot. It was to go along with some other pictures taken for a Cancer Fund, where a bunch of famous actors dressed up as Disney characters or something? I didn't quite get what that had to do with this Twilight cover, but from what I understood, the photographer meant to portray them as "un-Edwardish/un-Bellaish" as possible, ON PURPOSE! Why? I dunno... I still think its a horrid picture.
ugh, i'm so disappointed. part of me doesn't even want to see the movie if it's going to be like that. cute blog by the way! so fun to see all of the pictures. love you!
Post a Comment