"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Read before you swallow!

I've always been really particular about reading the pamphlets that come with your Rx's and tell you about all possible side effects, drug interactions, etc. I always read them... always.

Except today. Why? Because I've taken drug X a gazillion times, which means I've read that piece of paper a gazillion times. Then what's the big deal you might ask? Well... I'm on a new medication now that I wasn't on all the other gazillion times I took drug X... can you see where this is going?

It's 1:15 am right now... I should be in bed asleep, but instead I'm sitting here, trying to keep myself awake because I am itchy all over and and have broken out in hives. Drugs X and Y don't like each other much. Normally, I would reach for drug Z (you know, Benadryl) but it just so happens that drug Z also interacts with drug Y, and the fact that drug X makes drug Y much more potent increases the odds of drug Y and Z causing me to stop breathing in my sleep...

So... I'm trying to stay awake, to make sure the itchiness and hives go away soon, per the pharmacist's orders. Basically, as long as it doesn't get worse (ie. my tongue swelling) I'm ok, otherwise its off to the ER with me... *sigh* I'm trying to avoid that right now.

Hmmm... maybe its time to pop in Twilight/Harry Potter/HSM/Mulan again. This is going to be a long night... *yawn*- slap!

PS> We saw Push tonight, it was good. I'm not an action flick kind of gal, but it was pretty decent. I kind of wish they'd make a sequel.

2 comments:

Em said...

Of Course! Why wouldn't you be on drug Y the ONE time you don't read the pamphlet with drug X? That would just be too probable.

Suz said...

I hope you get it figured out! It just seems like one thing after another!