"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Girl in the Bubble strikes again... and other EXCITING NEWS!!!

I'm really good at hurting myself... really, really good at it! A few days ago I managed to jam my pinky finger and man, that hurt! The next morning I woke up and it was killing me, so I cautiously flexed it and heard/felt a loud and nasty "pop/crunch!" I decided to buddy tape it to my ring finger and see if that would help... After a day or so the swelling kinda went down and although it still looked bruised I figured I was on the mend... until today. I jumped up a little too fast from bed and had a little encounter with my ol' buddy orthostatic hypotension. (Sorry, I know I could have just said head rush, but I'm enjoying using medical terms now!) I started blacking out so I reached out to brace myself and smashed my pinky against the bookshelf by the bed. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Ya'll know I don't have a potty mouth, but I almost let a few choice words slip out... Oh man that killed! So I decided it was time to get something a little more sturdy to protect my poor little re-injured pinky finger... It looks funny, but I'm fairly certain this could withstand another smash or two... which knowing me is bound to happen before this thing heals up... *sigh*


By the way, its really annoying and cumbersome to type with this thing on so I'm very grateful I waited until after finals and my 16 page Psych paper was due before I busted my finger!!!

Ok, so now for the exciting news.... Matt's home! :)


This is my lil'bro-in-law. (Not so little, I know... he's taller than me!) He got home last night from his 2 year mission in Tijuana, Mexico! We're so glad he survived and made it home in one happy piece, albeit charred to a crisp, heehee... Welcome home Matt, it's good to have you back!!! YAY! :)


I have more exciting news to share (NO, I'm not pregnant.... ha! That'll be the day...) but I can't share it just yet, lest I spoil the surprise for those whom I'm planning on surprising... which is obviously a secret. Not that they read my blog... but just in case, right? I'll blog more about it tomorrow evening or Friday... more likely Friday since tomorrow will be a long day. Anyway, stay tuned and I'll post pics... Again, it's really not that interesting to anyone other than me, really.... but I'm excited so I had to get something out! :P

1 comment:

Em said...

Poew widdo fingo. =(