As described in the post below, last night was a blast and totally worth the 3 hours of sleep(since I had to get up early to go the dentist and then my 6 week post-op)! Anyway, so everything went great at my post-op and I've got the green light to resume all my normal activities, including exercising- WOOHOO! I've missed my Wii-Fit & Pilates workouts. I'm ready to get out of these maternity pants and back in my regular clothes! (well... I have to admit, the no button/zipper thing rules about maternity pants, they are so comfy!) We'll see how my belly-button handles that, it is still pretty tender, so who knows... last time it took a good 2 months before I could squeeze back into my regular jeans without my belly-button screaming bloody murder...
However, I got some really great news from my doc on the way out... He noticed I was studying (for my "How Not To Kill Your Patients" oh, *ahem*... I mean Pharmacology class) and when he saw my book (I guess I hadn't mentioned going back to school?) and realized I'm going for my RN, he got really excited and told me that when I graduate, I should go work at Integris Baptist Hospital because... their benefits cover IVF!!! I just about crapped a brick when he told me about 2 of his patients (nurses that work at Baptist) that had most of their multiple IVF rounds paid for!!! *GASP!* Seriously, I think I must've said, "You've got to be kidding me!" about 4 times before I believed him. I almost started jumping up and down, for reals. He knew we had pretty much given up all hope of ever having biological children due to the insane costs of IVF, so he was really happy to see me get so excited.
Of course this is all quite a bit in the future, I still have to finish school and actually pass the NCLEX-RN! Not to mention being able to get a job at Integris! BUT, at least now there is still a teeny tiny little bit of hope left... hope that we had pretty much given up on due to expenses and my high risk. Who knows, this may not work out but its nice to at least have the option. Neither one of us has been feeling too excited about taking the adoption route, but we saw it as our only avenue. Now we may have a choice again... *sigh* WOW... that just feels so good to know.
Man... Harry Potter and hope for our reproductive woes all in the same day... WOOT! :)

4 comments:
THAT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME! I am so excited for you (providing it works out, which it will :))
I hope it all works out! That would be so so so so so great! I hope the clothes work out too.
Thats fantastic news!!! How long till you are done with school?
Sorry I missed you on IM today! I hope we can chat later!
Kim
That's AMAZING news! I know there are lots of steps involved, but I'm so glad there IS HOPE!
Good luck getting into your pants soon! =)
Post a Comment