"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, July 17, 2009

Channeling my inner Balki

This semester has been pretty rough on me, with work, visiting the ER so much and then my surgery and all its post-op complications. Saying that I've been stressed out would be a monumental understatement, so I've been trying to think of ways to reduce my anxiety and self-soothe when I start getting my panties all in a wad. I recently remembered an old saying from everyone's favorite Myposian, Balki Bartokomous. He was once trying to help Cousin Larry calm down and had him repeat, "I am a hollow reeeeeeed. Troubles blow through me like the winnnnnnnnnd!" over and over again, until he was calm.

Welps, with finals week coming up as well as 2 unit tests, 2 major projects, 3 discussions and 2 more case studies due (all in the next week) I do believe this will need to become my mantra. Then, if all goes well and I survive... I will do this:

No comments: