"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore ~
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Is that a rain cloud following me?
Ever feel like you're stuck with one of those cartoonish rain clouds following you around and raining only on you? Yeah, thats me right about now... I've had the most rotten luck these past few days. First of all, my car got backed into on Thursday, grrr... Some girl driving a huge GMC Yukon wasn't paying attention and rammed into my poor little Focus in the parking lot of a store. The front fender is now dented and cracked right below my headlight, lovely. Her insurance will be paying for the repairs and a rental car in the meanwhile but the inconvenience is a pain. Then this morning I woke up and was about to let the dogs out when I realized that our gate in the backyard was wide open!!! I ran upstairs to wake Ben up and see if maybe he'd left it like that last night... He said no, of course, and "Is there anything missing?" So we both run back downstairs and sure enough, my bike was gone. Someone actually jumped our 6' some inch fence and opened the gate from the inside, argh!!! We had to call the police and they came to file a report etc. We don't expect anything to show up, but felt it should be reported anyhow, just in case this thief/thieves have been hitting other homes around us as well... We will be padlocking our gate now as well as adding a deadbolt to our sliding back door. This isn't supposed to happen here!!! I grew up in NYC, this is the kind of stuff you expect there, but here? Ugh... I hope whoever stole my bike gets a flat tire, falls off, and breaks their arm or something... that should teach them! Grrr...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment