"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hooray for Kristi!


Once again, another Dancing With The Stars season has come to an end. This was a great season, with some really talented stars! Kristi Yamaguchi, an Olympic gold medalist, was the winner this year. She was absolutely fantastic all season long, and finally reclaimed the title for the ladies! (After 5 season of all male champs)

Now I just need AI to wrap up (well, it does tonight I guess) so I can be done with these addictive shows and reclaim my evenings. Maybe now I can finish up Ender's Game or do something worthwhile with mt time like start up going to the gym again!

4 comments:

Clark said...

Personally, I don't see how it's fair that a professional figure skater gets to compete in this competition. I mean, figure skating is a whole lot closer to ballroom dancing than acting, or sportscasting, or being a comedian or something.

This seems to be akin to putting a professional hypnotist on survivor, or putting a 6th grade teacher on "are you smarter than a 5th grader?". It's not the same thing, but how are you supposed to compete against that?

Ben said...

I like to think of this show as laughing at the washups.

Alex said...

There have been other champs that have never had any formal dancing training in the past. Last year Helio Castroneves won and he is an Indi Car racer... how could that have helped him? Year before that was Olympic Speed Skater Apollo Anton Ohno.. again, how does speed skating make you more graceful? It didn't, he had such a hard time opening up his frame since he was used to keeping low and ben and tucked in. There have also been numerous "dancers" by traid on the show (Sabrina from last year, Mario this year, and a few others I can't remember right now, but there have been quite a few.) that never won or even got to the finals. Yes, Kristi had some advantages, but in the end she just brought her game on and was better. Maybe the Olympian in her made her more competitive and want perfection more? I don't know?

Alex said...

ben= bent
traid = trade

forgive my spelling, I'm still a bit sleepy