Tomorrow we're having a maternity lunch/pre-baby shower for one of my co-workers. I thought I'd surprise her with a cake. This was a bit of a challenge, but I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out! I'm having tons of fun trying out new techniques and working with gumpaste!


8 comments:
that is amazing alex! seriously, i need you to move here so you can do cakes for me! you are sooooo talented!
That's awesome! I haven't branched out to fondant type cakes yet but they look so fun. Do they taste as bad as people always say?
Traditional fondant IS nasty, because essentially it is a big glob of Crisco and powdered sugar, blegh! I make Marshmallow Fondant which tastes yummy b/c I don't use Criso, instead I use the gooeyness of the marshmallows to bind it together. So my fondant taskes like marshmallows!:) I use buttercream to have something for the fondant to "stick" to and then for the filling, usually fruit preserves, like strawberries, etc. I love eating my fondant, which is nice b/c its such a waste (of time and effort especially) to make something that people are just going to end up peeling off and throwing away! So yeah, marshmallow fondant is the way to go, in my opinion!
that is just beautiful!!!!
That is an awesome looking cake!
Thanks gals! I'm making another one soon for my SIL who is throwing a shower for a friend. It'll be a different design and possibly 3 tiered so I'm SUPER excited! I'll post pics of the final product!
Wow wow wow, you are very talented. Good job, Alex!
Gorgeous cake Alex! Just beautiful!
Post a Comment