It's over... finally. I just finished Ender's Game. I'm sorry to say I am not to be added to the millions (I'm sure) of fans of this book. It started off better than I expected, and I was actually kinda starting to like it there for a while... But then it got repetitive, too repetitive. It was like beating a dead horse into a second life and then killing it again, ressurrecting it into it's 3rd life and then killing it once more. Not my kind of book, sorry... I tried, right?
Phew, now I can concentrate on reading The Host- woohoo!

5 comments:
Ah, how our opinions differ when it comes to books. But that's what makes life interesting, right?
Exactly :)
Ben said Speaker For The Dead might be a littel more up my alley... something about a virus killing a bunch of people? Andromeda Strain-style or something like that. I may give it a try, but for now I think I'll give OSC a rest for a bit and move on to The Host... so far its really good!
I just finished the Host. it rocked my world.
I just borrowed The Host from a friend, and I can't wait to start it!
Speaker for the Dead and The Andromeda Strain both have viruses in them, but they're very different book. (Besides, Xenocide and Children of the Mind are much more about the Descolada than Speaker is.) Speaker for the Dead is no more about a virus than Ender's Game is about fighting the Buggers . . .
Post a Comment