"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Monday, August 04, 2008

Alex's Official Breaking Dawn Review

Ok people, I'm a big non-spoiler supporter, so I'm not going to do this as a post. My review will be in my "Comments" section. This way you don't inadvertantly read something you didn't want to and run away screaming "Ahhhhhhhh!!! My eyes! My eyes! You've burned my eyes!" and wish who knows what sort of slow, painful death on me... heehee. ;)

Ok, that's it, warning given. Click at your own risk!!!

5 comments:

Alex said...

Ok... so where do I start? THis will probably all come out a jumbled mess, but here goes!

*Overall I loved it, I got my happy parts, Bella marrying Edward, Bella turning into a vamp, Bella being left alone by Jacob, Bella not losing Charlie, and most of all... Edward... yummy Edward. :)

*The honeymoonm scenes were hillarious. Poor Edward, but lucky Bella ;)

* Um.. pregnant? As much as giving up motherhood stunk, I saw this as a token as to how strong her love was for Edward... It was a sacrifice that made it all the more real and tangible. Undead sperm and all that? Yeah, kind of freaked me out. I feel like she did this to appease all her LDS fans.

* I loved Jacob's book, I really enjoyed his point of view. He redeemed himself in my eyes until...

*He imprinted on Bella and Edward's 1/2 vamp 1/2 human DAUGHTER? Ok, that was a bit freakish to me... not because of the baby thing (I totally get the Quil/Claire thing) but because it's EDWARD and BELLA's!!! I so wanted Jacob to just go off with Leah (they were really starting to bond, it COULD have worked!) and be happy, far away from B&E and leave them the heck alone! Now they all get to be happily-ever-after in-laws? Yuck, give me a break...

* Rosalie, argh... I wish Edward HAD ripped her head off. I was hoping she'd redeem herself in this book, but oh no...

*I loved that the werewolves and vamps all got buddy buddy at the end. Maybe thats what SM wanted to do with Jacob/Renesmee... bring them together, end the hatred. I'll give her that much.

*Renesmee? Totally HATE the name.

Wow, I've sounded really negative up until now, huh? Ok, lets concenreate on what I love...

* I LOVE the new Bella. I love that while human she was a freak, but now as a vamp, she's just so GOOD at it! That's so fitting, she found her niche.

* I LOVE that Bella was able to skip the newborn stuff simply because she was prepared and made the choice. Made me feel bad for Jasper though... he was really counting on her to be the weakest link.

* I LOVE Seth, he's just cool. :)

* I want to go to Isle Esme!

* Emmette cracks me up, I'm glad Bella clobbered him with the arm-wrestling.

* I lost what little respect I had for Aro, and thought that whole scene was great! I love that Jane and Alec were sooooooo infuraited by Bella's power!

*I cried like a baby when Alice left and would have jumped up and down for joy when she returned if I hadn't been in bed with a fever and an invisible elephant sitting on my head.

Um... wow, I can't think of anything else, but I'm sure it'll come to mind when you guys start commenting. Ben's been reading it (outloud to eachother) most of the way so its given me a chance to re-read/hear things and it's better the 2nd time around. I've begun to accept things I wasn't liking the first time. I think it'll take a few reads though, to completely come to grips with it all and accept that its over... for the most part.

Does anyone think a story about Renesmee and Jacob sounds really interesting? Would this mean a whole new breed of Vamp/wolf or would this just mean the wolves would die out because there is no longer a need for them? Imprinting is meant to preserve the gene though right? So... weird, what would happen?!?!

Ok, thats enough... your turn now!

The Tenney's said...

K, so I TOTALLY loved it! At first I thought it was weird that Jacob imprinted on Nessie, but i totally got it when he reminded Bella how she just knew they were supposed to be family.

I love Jacob's book too, i didn't think i would but it totally let you see a bigger picture.

I LOVED that they got married and the honeymoon chapters. delicious.

The fact that she was pregnant made me really happy. her not being able to ever be a mom is the only thing that made me not want her to be a vampire. and i loved the fact that she loved this baby so much because it was Edwards! *sigh*

this may sound horrible but i was a little disapointed that there wasn't more fighting in the end. i loved how Bella's power protected them all but who doesn't want a little violence in their stories now and then.

I'm sure I could talk to you about this forever but i have to go to Girl's Camp early in the morning and i NEED to get to bed!

OVerall:
I LOVED IT!!!!

Allyx and Dan said...

Okay here I go. I loved the book so much. But I almost done with it for the second time and it really IS better the second time. I feel like I missed a lot the first time around in my hurry to know what happened next.

At first when I found out she was pregnant I was like ...uhhh...what? But after continuing on I started to enjoy it more. I just wish there was more about Edward and Renesmee's relationship cuz you know he just loved that little baby. That would have made me happy.

I also LOVED Jacob's book. I thought it was really entertaining and good to learn from his perspective. I started to like Leah more. Seth is so tight. and it made me not like Sam nearly as much as I used to. I just liked being able to see Jacob's side of things because he annoyed me so bad before. Now I like him. Just as a friend tho don't worry. ;)

I love BELLA the VAMPIRE. That whole part was so so good. I really liked the first HUNT. I thought it was sweet that she controlled herself away from the humans. I think she was meant to be a vampire all along. She's just too dang tight to not be. Her power was just cool.

But that brings me to my next point. The fact that she could protect everyone with her sheild in the Voturi scences was awesome but I wish SOMEONE would have fought. Like when Caius killed Irina, Tanya and Kate should have totally attacked. Just something. Some kind of violence would have been nice. and then Bella could have turned her shield on them again and kicked everyones butt. take that Jane. I hate Jane.

So I loved it with all my soul. The whole time I was like there is no way this is all happening. It is waaay too good to be true. I mean everything happened- she married him, they got a real honeymoon(which was such a good part of the book I might add.), she turned vampire, jacob didn't hate her but ending up being her best friend again, and she had a baby. It was everything and more of what I wanted. but part of me wanted a little bit more conflict. I mean she got EVERYTHING and on top of that didn't even want to kill humans. I think I should turn into a vampire too.

And now Bella and Edward have a little family and get to be that way for the rest of forever. ahhhh I LLLLOOOOOVVVEEE IT!

Alex said...

Yeah, I wish we could have seen the Volturi get their butts kicked too... I heard that she was asked to tone down the violenec in this one so maybe thats why?

Anyone else think she made up for the violence in sex/maturity level? LOL ;) Breaking furniture and biting pillows? Heehee... While this is all nice and tame for us married women, I don't think I'd be letting my girls read this series until they are quite a bit older... I saw some little girls as young as 10-ish at the midnight release party and thinking back I'm like *gasp!* Way too mature for that audience...

Shanny said...

Whew! I finally finished this yesterday. That's a thick book. Anyway, you know that I'm not really a die hard fan of the Twilight books, but I think this was my favorite one of the series. I'm not sure why. . . maybe it's because I felt like there was less "teenage drama," and everyone was a little more mature about things.

I LOVED Jacob's book, I thought that was so neat that she did that. And when he imprinted on Renesmee (who has the cheesiest, most ridiculous, ugly name, in my opinion), I was actually happy about it. It meant he could stay near Bella without being in love with Bella. And, as you know, I like Jacob a lot - I'd go for him over Edward.

And I just have to say that the moment Bella started having weird dreams, I thought to myself, "Huh, maybe she's pregnant." And then when she was hungry all the time. . . and then when she was tired. . . I totally saw that coming. And when she started puking, I was reminded of that terrible terrible feeling - I almost had to put the book down!