Shannon has tagged me (for my supposed coolness due to the fact I went to highschool in NYC!) so here we go. Join me as I take a trip down memory lane to the days of Stuy. (Thats pronounced "stye" as in the bump in your eyelid... NOT "stoo-ee")
1. Did you date someone from your school? Nope, I dated someone from church. He went to school elsewhere.
2. What kind of car did you drive? 1988 Toyota Corolla, but never to school. I took the subway. There's no point driving to school in NYC, they don't have parking lots!
3. It’s Friday night...where are you? Hanging out with friends, at church activities, or at home doing homework... dorky, I know.
4. Were you a party animal? Are you serious? I had to be home by dark which in the winter meant 5:30-6ish. No... defintely not a party animal.
5. Were you considered a flirt? Nope, I was painfully shy around guys I liked, and just buddy buddy with those I did not.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope, I was never a musical person... not for lack of trying though, I just think that gene is dormant in me or something.
7. Were you a nerd? Well, lets see here... I went to a specialized Math/Science highschool, I self-grounded (yes, you read correctly, my parents never had to ground me... I took away my own privileges)if I got anything less than a 90, I got up at 3am sometimes just to get extra studying in, and I used to write reports on random things (my favorite was on Forensic Pathology summer before 10th grade) during the summer "just for fun." Ummmm, yeah, definitely a nerd!
8. Were you on any varsity teams? XCountry & Track
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Oh my heavens, no! Plus my school just kicked you out if you failed more than 2 classes, much less put up with bad behavior... With a waiting list, there was no room for people that didn't deserve to be there.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Umm... you know, I'm not quite sure we actually HAD a fight song... I never went to a single football game (it wasn't the cool thing to do in NYC, not at my school at least) so who knows, maybe there was and I never knew?
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Hmmm... Mrs.Bierig and my Infectious Disesases teacher that I can't remember for the life of me!
12. Where did you sit during lunch? If I was staying in, the cafeteria (only place you could eat) or McDonald's if I was out, Jr. & Sr. years.
13. What was your school's full name? Stuyvesant High School
14. School mascot? heehee... Pegleg Pete! (see the link above for an explanation) Actually, most of the teams had different names, like Pirates/Penguins(swimming), Phoenix(basketball), Sticky Fingers(Ultimate) etc. Peglegs were football, by far the funniest.
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? We didn't have homecoming... remember what I said about football not being very big in my school? Yeah, so not important.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Wondering when it was going to end... oh, and praying I wouldn't trip on the stage at Linclon Center. (No football field to graduate in, so we used Avery Hall @ Lincoln Center)
18. Where did you go senior skip day?Hmm... I don't think we had one?
19. Were you in any clubs? Interact (Highschool branch of Rotary Club)
20. Have you gained some weight since then?Uhh... yes.
21. Who was your prom date? A bunch of my friends and (both girls and guys) all went together, so stag I guess?
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? No... I live too far away... besides, I doubt any of my friends will, they're all far away as well.
Geez, that wasn't as pleasant of a jog down memory lane as I thought it would be. The more I think about it, the more boring my HS experience seems. Oh well, thats what I get for being a supernerd, huh? College was way better! ;)
Ok... I tag... anyone that wants to!

4 comments:
You did my tag, woo! And I thought it was highly interesting - your high school experience was definitely different than mine.
Hi Alex! Of course I remember you! How are you? Yes, Britton is a hunk! I love him so much. It looks like you are doing well. Keep in touch!
So funny to read how studious you were because i seem to remember a Freshman year long ago when a roommate of mine would sign NO to Kris every morning when asked if she was going to class. i also remember a sophomore year where i had a roommate that didn't always make it to class because she had stayed up all night reading Harry Potter....i wish i could remember who that girl was.... luv yer guts!!!!!!!
Hmmm, you know I have NO idea who you might be talking about! Sounds like a cool girl though, thats for sure! ;)
Heehee... Yeah, Stuy definitely had me wound up just a weeeee bit too tight and when I experienced true freedom for the first time ever... well, I guess I sort of lost it, huh? Was it Physiology the class I never went to? I can't remember... I think so, because on the rare occasion that I went, I thin I did so in a hoodie and pj bottoms... :P
Post a Comment