"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My hubby is the BESTESEST!

Just had gush about how wonderful Ben is! He's been taking excellent care of me these past few weeks since my surgery and it has really helped. He's also taken on a 2nd job (part time) every morning, so the poor thing is working 7am to 9pm most days, even on his day off! He wants to help us save up for my tuition this fall and once I'm in the program so I can quit working full time since clinicals will be rough. He is my hero! I wish I could do more but he says I'm doing too much already and he just wants to help me make it through the program quickly. Isn't he the best?!?! I love you baby!!! :)

On a side note: Yesterday was my first day back to work. It went better than I thought but by the end of my shift (9PM) I was in worlds of pain and while I still take Percocet at night I am only getting about 3 hours of sleep due to insomnia problems caused by the high dose steroids I'm on. Today I didn't quite make it through my whole shift at work, the combination of no sleep and pain was just too much. *sigh* I'll have to make up the hours tomorrow (my normal day off) but my doc has put me back on my little happy green pills (for sleep) and said I need to rest as much as I can while not working because sleep deprivation will definitely increase the pain and drag out my recovery. So hooray for sleeping pills.... :)

2 comments:

Suz said...

I'm glad Ben is so good to you! I hope you continue to feel better and better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, being an anonymous blog stalker here, but I am a friend of a friend and it's a boring night so I am poking around the blogosphere. I see that you are suffering from a ton of medical intervention in your life - surgeries, tons of medication, etc. I totally highly suggest you read the book the China Study and see if you can apply the principles into your life. They totally all jive with the Word of Wisdom and maybe they'll help you out. I've heard of people with severe problems like Lupus, Diabetes and Cancer be able to beat their illnesses drug and medical intervention free because of changes in their diet. I hope I am not being pushy. It's just sad to hear the awful things you must go through with all that intervention and medication. There has got to be a better way. Maybe this can help...? I hope so!