So last Sunday I finally crumbled. While trying to get up to get ready for church I completely LOST it and had a HUGE meltdown! I was tired of living on 2 hours of sleep day after day after day and it finally just caught up with me and I exploded! Poor Ben... I cried for what seemed like hours, feeling like the world was just going to crumble to bits, everything seemd SO hopeless, and I was sure I was just going to die, LOL! (Yes, 3 months of little to no sleep sure does make me a bit mellodramatic!) Ben helped calm me down, went to church and informed Bishop, and then came home and made me call Dr.Goff to tell him what was going on. I had been resisting this b/c I was afraid of being put on Ambien for so long. But clearly something HAD to be done... I just couldn't go on like this. So I called and my doctor prescribed me something else (woohoo!) that is non-addictive and doesn't have all the crazy side effects Ambien seems to have on people. I got a blessing from Bishop and Ben and then was told by Bishop that I was to take a few days off of teaching Seminary until I was well-rested.
Now here I am almost a week later, and boy do I feel SO much better! I love my little green pills! I am still waking up a lot at night, but I can now just roll over and go back to sleep! The world is a much happier place for me now and everyone has been commenting on how different I seem. Its amazing what a little sleep can do for you, lol. Now I can make it through the 2nd 1/2 of my Lupron treatment, phew!

1 comment:
I am SO glad to hear that those little green pills are working so well. Hooray for sleep! And double hooray for a happy Alex!
Post a Comment