Medicines taste nasty, even the "flavored ones!" I wonder why they even bother to try and make the patient think its going to taste any better than the poo it actually tastes like? Nasty or not, we have to take it right, so why lie? Do they think we're that dumb?
Take this Nystatin for instance. (I got a particularly nasty case of thrush from the intubation) Last time I had this surgery, the pharmacist was like, "Oh, this is the butterscotch flavored kind, you're lucky!" Seriously? Um... still tasted nasty. This time it was "minty cherry" flavored, woohoo... still tastes like poo.
Normally I wouldn't whine because you just plug your nose and swallow quickly, but unfortunately this Nystatin solution has to be swished around for at least 2 minutes, then gargled for another 2 minutes, and then swallowed... It's a battle not to puke the whole time, lol!
Minty cherry my behind... blegh! :P

5 comments:
YUCK! That sounds horrible! Sorry you have to go through this!
Oh man, you have to gargle the stuff?! That's AWFUL! You have greater strength than I to get through that and not puke.
Boy you've got some luck girly! That stuff is nasty I don't know how you manage that. I had to give it to Abs for Thrush and I felt so bad each time. I hope it goes away quickly for ya!!
Maybe they should flavor it nasty on purpose...like the harry potter jelly beans. Then when you picked it up from the pharmacy it would be "ooh you're a luck girl, this is puke flavored."
Bless your heart...and your taste buds!!
Post a Comment