"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Since I may never get to experience the real deal...

I thought I'd take a picture of myself sporting a fake baby bump, courtesy of my swollen guts at 2 days post-op! Mind you, this is WITH the abdominal binder ON which helps support everything and keeps your tummy tightly bound up against you.


And because I just couldn't resist...
I'd make a cute pregnant lady, huh? *sigh* Oh well, Ben and I had our laughs, now I'm ready for the swelling to go down because this huge belly is no fun. Thanks Tiff for the maternity pants, I can't even imagine trying to squeeze this into my regular jeans/pants... ouch!

PS> Healing is going slowly... The gas pains in my shoulders/neck/ribs are murder but I've been a good girl and have walked around the house a lot which seems to have helped... a little. My belly is all bruised and hideous looking, but the incisions seem to be healing nicely. Night time is the worst by far as the pain gets crazy and I have to sleep upright, so I don't get much rest, but it'll get better. Just gotta have patience :) Ben is doing a fantabulous job and I am very well taken care of. My hubby is the greatest!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

WOW! That does look like it would hurt considering it is all gas and swelling! And yes you will make an adorable PG lady!!

Kim

Laura Chapman said...

That looks like fun! I'm glad surgery went well and you're recovering. Good luck and keep getting better!

Leslie said...

WHOA!!!!!!! That is some serious BUMPAGE! LOL! I sure hope you feel better soon Alex! You have been through the ringer!

Shanny said...

Oh wow. WOW WOW WOW! I'm glad you took that picture, though. It's proof of what you are going through. Keep healing!

Anonymous said...

Just a few more days of pain then..hopefully all better for a while. The faux baby bump is the cutest but looks like it hurts. Ouch. Good luck to a fast recovery!!

Suz said...

Wow! Hope you continue to heal and the swelling goes down soon!

Ana F said...

WOW girl!! Im hoping you feel better!! I too had a big belly after my lap... but yours look cuter! Im hoping you recover fast and feel better! And you definitely would be a beautiful preg lady!! Im always praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's over with and that you're healing (slowly) :) Let me know if you need anything!