
A few months ago I posted that due to some recent clumsiness, Ben had nicknamed me "Bella" and this past week I have definitely lived up to it.... again. After just 2 weeks I managed to land myself in the ER once more today. Over the weekend I slipped and fell at Ben's parent's house (rain+ crazy little dog running circles around me= disaster!) and hurt my knee. Last night we went to Mercy After-hours to get it checked out b/c it was killing me and was swollen/bruised etc. Turns out it is sprained, how nice. So I'm in a brace and on crutches with a referral to do some PT for it for a few weeks. Simple enough right? Well, yes... but when you're Alex (or Bella) nothing is ever that simple.
I had to go and have an adverse reaction to the pain meds/NSAIDs they gave me last night, pass out in the bathroom at work today(can you say embarrassing?!?! Nothing like coming to surrounded by a bunch of people freaking out), and land myself in the ER again. Ben took me to the doctor and my blood pressure was all over the place so he sent me straight there. The offending meds? Tramadol + Voltaren (I couldn't remember the name and kept calling it Volterra, though no one other than Ben thought it was funny!) Guess I won't ever be taking those again...
Seriously... why does this stuff always happen to me?!?! I know I can't get an Edward out of this, but how about an Alice? Is that too much to ask? Everyone can use a little Alice in their lives, no? At least then I'd know when danger was coming and could avoid it...well, maybe... :)

2 comments:
He doesn't sparkle (I don't think) but you could try out this guy for your Edwardian needs.
I'm his Bella and he's my Edward, true dat. I just wouldn't mind an all knowing, yellow Porche driving best bud! :)
Post a Comment