So Percocet and Phenegran make for a very sleepy Alex, which doesn't exactly mix well with getting behind the wheel of a car and driving to work, right? No worries, I haven't been driving under the influenec of narcotics people, come on now! (I'm an insurance agent, really!) Anyway, so I muscled my way through work today sans-happy meds and it just wasn't cool. The pain I have become accustomed to grinning and baring it, but the pukes? Not...so...much... Talked to my doc today and he called me in 3 more meds, one of which was the much loved Zofran everyone raves about. He says its supposed to work really well (better than Phenegran) without putting me to sleep. The catch? It's expensive!!! So he called me in the generic to help with costs. Hooray, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiight... until I see how many 15 pills cost me! (Mind you they only gave me 15 but really the supply is supposed to be 90. This will make sense in a minute.) $70 for 15 pills!!! I was told the full 90 would run me another $150....eeeek, thank goodness for our FSA...phew!
Oh wells, hopefully these little golden pills will be worth it. At the very least make the next few weeks a bit more bearable until my surgery, which in theory *should* make my life a lot more bearable! :) The exact date is still a bit fuzzy, but that should get squared away here pretty soon. Hooray for modern medicine and itty bitty little incisions! :)

1 comment:
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! The pills are expensive but SOOO worth it. They worked wonders for me and hopefully they will for you to. I hope you start to feel better.
Post a Comment