A few months ago I posted a rather depressing rant about the cruelty of infertility and child-loss. The friend I spoke of (who had after years and years of trying, finally conceived twins with the aid of IVF and then lost one) just had her beautiful baby girl! She survived the death of her twin at 20 weeks (this usually throws a woman into labor, causing the surviving twin to be born prematurely) and was carried full term even, truly a miracle given the situation. I am so beyond thrilled for her and her precious little one, it just made my whole day!
Then I found out(today as well) that another one of my TTC buddies who had also conceived (and given birth to) twins (one of whom was born with a condition called Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia) lost one of her precious miracles today. Gabby fought so long and hard and endured so much over the past few months... I admire the strength, courage, and unwavering faith Leslie has shown during what surely must be the darkest of times in her life. My heart breaks for her...she never really even got to hold her sweet baby because of the severity of her condition. I can't even begin to comprehend the pain they must be in right now.
I'm not really sure why I'm even posting this. I have nothing profound or anything of the sort to say. I guess I'm just trying to process it all and deal with the funk it's put me in. I still struggle to understand why someone who has already gone through so much has to have the added burden of losing their little miracles. I know its all part of the Plan and meant to test our faith etc etc. Nevertheless, it's still hard to wrap my mind around... Thank goodness for the gospel, and the knowledge that we can be families forever.
*sigh*

No comments:
Post a Comment