
I've always been prone to migraines (runs in the family, boo!) but recently things have been getting a little out of control. When my Endo started flaring back up a few months ago, I started some new meds for it. I noticed that I started getting them more often, and over the past month especially, I've had at least 2-3 per week! Last weekend I spent mostly locked up indoors with a mask over my eyes and all windows/drapes shut tight because the light kills. This week I'm already on day 4 of a continual (there when I wake up, there when I go to sleep, still there when I wake up, etc.) never-ending migraine. I've been having to wear those oh-so-cute (not!) fitovers we give out at work when we dilate patients' eyes. I decided to call my doctor and see if maybe my meds had anything to do with this? (I can't believe it took me this long to realize that this could be the source of the increase in the horrible headaches, not only as far as frequency, but also severity and duration.) Of course, they had everything to do with it! I was told to STOP taking them immediately and was given something else instead.
Here I am 2 days later and still wanting to rip my head off. Last night certainly didn't help (hanging out with screaming Sooner fans) but I was hopeful the drug cocktail I took would get me through. It did eventually knock me out sometime in the 3rd quarter, I believe... I have no idea how long it will take for these stupid migraines to go away (especially since this new stuff I'm on is supposed to cause them too? Nice...) or at least get a little better, but I hope it's soon. For now I think I'll just pray for cloudy days and power outages... the dark is so much friendlier...

3 comments:
Oh, Alex... I am sorry! I hate migraines! I tend to get them when I get dehydrated and am on birth control... so it's happened quite regularly in the last few months. I hope that the new meds are better and you start feeling better. There really is nothing like a migraine, totally takes over your whole life.
I'm glad that you loved your skirt. I'm also glad that they have at least tracked down a large part of the reason you have been getting migraines. I hope that you are feeling better!
I am so sorry, Alex! I hate migraines! I used to get at least one a month. Imitrex always did the trick for me, but now I can't take anything for them but Tylenol and a little caffeine. It sucks! I hope you start feeling better soon!
Post a Comment