So this is my last week at my current job, and if I make it to Friday it will be a miracle. Not to sound conceited, but I don't think I ever really realized just how much I do until I started training last week. I'm supposed to get this all transplanted into another brain in 2 weeks?!?! I myself was left to my own devices after 2 weeks when my trainer left unexpectedly and boy, that wasn't fun.
Determined to make the transition a bit easier for my replacement, I've been working on a manual for her. Each day I revise it, discovering I've forgotten something crucial. The beast continues to grow and grow and has pretty much taken over my life. For the past 3 nights I've actually dreamed about work, this manual, and insurance (the hundreds we file, each with a unique way of acquiring authorizations as well as filing methods) ALL NIGHT LONG and so it's just been a continuation of work all day and all night. Sure I get the occasional break (eating, getting up for Seminary, eating, getting up for Seminary, etc...) but I'm starting to go a little stir-crazy.
I will be really sad come Friday when I have to say goodbye to everyone at work, but I don't think I'll be able to get a decent night's rest until its all over. So... is it Friday yet?!?! *sigh*

No comments:
Post a Comment