"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Friday, January 30, 2009

Shriveled Up Mush

That is the current state of my brain.

I survived my first week at The Hartford, hooray! Days 1 & 2... and even 3 were not so bad, pretty pleasant, actually. Day 4 was when the freak-outs commenced. Today (day 5) I'm in full-fledged panic mode. My brain has been overloaded with so much stuff this week (particularly over the past 2 days) that I'm having a hard time believing that my head isn't going to blow up before my 3 1/2 month training is over. We start taking calls on Wed. and Thurs. and I am not lying when I say we are not anywhere even remotely close to being ready for that. As I was leaving today, I looked around and almost laughed because everyone pretty much had the same look on their face... deer in the headlights.

Normally, I would look forward to coming home and just relaxing in front of the TV or something, but alas... I have not the luxury. Foolish me decided NOW would be a good time to re-enter the world of academia and so I have 2 courses worth of assignments, papers, and tests to complete throughout the week. What was I thinking...*sigh* You know how they say that when you go a long time without eating your stomach "shrinks?" (I know that's not what actually happens, but its what it feels like) I wonder if the same concept applies to your brain... It's been so long since I was in a classroom setting learning environment, that it feels like my brain capacity has shriveled up! I'm having such a hard time coming home from 8 hours of cramming Hartford "stuff" and then having to spend another however many hours doing schoolwork. (Not to mention planning Seminary somewhere in there)

So here I am, wasting time because I have not the mental capacity to study for my test, right this minute. I guess I need to plan in some "decompression" time every night before I tackle the books?

Hmmm... maybe its time I revisited Forks. ;)

3 comments:

Alex said...

Update: I got a 95 on my Nutrition test and 100 on my English quiz!!! WOOT! :) Now I just have to finish writing this dang paper...

Nicole said...

way to go! good job getting back into school stuff. i don't think i could do it. good luck!

Suz said...

Getting back into routines sucks! Paul and I are starting our work-out routine tonight and I'm not really looking forward to my body rejecting this need to get back into shape...good luck!