"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

ByeBye Carrabas :(

Yesterday was my birthday, and so Ben wanted to take me out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Carrabas. I was sooooo excited, we haven't been there in months (probably closer to a year, actually) since we've been on the Dave Ramsey plan, paying off debt and whatnot. Anyway, so I'm just estatic, right? I was already imagining all the nummies I was going to eat... (their Mezzaluna is just esquisite!)
On our way up there, we stopped by Ben's parents' house and when they asked where we were going to eat and we said, "Carrabas!" thats when my whole day was ruined...

"But they closed down."

............. WHAT?!?!?!

*sigh*

I guess we have no choice but to make the 2 hour trip to Tulsa now, since that's the only place Carrabas still exists here in OK. Back in the day when the OKC location wasn't open, we'd take long weekend trips up there mainly for that. Oh, the lengths I'll go to for some good Italian food... I just hope we can make it up there before the Tulsa one closes down too! :/

Other than that, my b-day was relatively uneventful. We had our first assessment at work and I scored a 96%, woohoo! (Who likes to take tests on their birthday, ugh!) Ben came up for lunch (yay!) and after I got over the shock and grief of no Carrabas, we had a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am sorry you didn't get to go to Carrabas... I LOVE that place!!! I could eat there all the time if my budget and waistline would allow it! Congrats on the great score on your assessment! It always feels good to do well at something new. You'll be a pro in no time! I keep meaning to email you... lots going on here... Will try to do that today!

Shanny said...

Happy (late) Birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day, and sorry you didn't get to partake of the Carrabas goodness. I've actually never been to Carrabas. . . maybe what you need to do is go to the VEGAS Carrabas, and we can meet you there! ;)

Kat said...

Oh dear. This week got away from me! I was going to call you yesterday and wish you a Happy Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! a day late...