For weeks now Sirius's nose has been turning a lighter shade in the front. It has always been jet black but now its turned a decidedly pink color... Never having owned a dog before, I began to worry... could this be a symptom of some weird doggy-disease? Or maybe its just dirt? I tried scrubbing (gently, mind you) but to no avail... his nose would not turn black again. Concerned, but not wanting to get laughed at by the vet (I've taken him in so many times that they see me coming and go, "Oh dear, what is it this time?") I googled "nose discoloration in dogs" and found that my fears were indeed unfounded. Sirius has what is commonly known as "snow nose," a harmless condition that affects dogs (mostly in the winter) and turns their black noses pink. Now that I'm not worrying about my poor pup dying of doggy nose cancer, I actually think its rather cute. Odds are though, that by the summer, his nose will be all black again!

2 comments:
You are being a very good poster lately - I'm so proud! And cute doggie!
lol, thanks... I try. ;)
Post a Comment