"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Monday, January 08, 2007

10 = 10... NOT 32!

Ok, so I was doing some shopping after work at the local supermarket and only needed a few things. Once I was done I made my way to the 10 Items Or Less checkout lane because I had just that, 10 items or less (5 to be exact). As I'm approaching that lane this lady with quite a bit of stuff in her cart cuts me off (she was practically running) and gets in front of me. NOT nice. Then I realize that there is NO way she has 10 or less in there, so I started counting. 1,2,3... 10, 11,12... 20, 21,22...all the way to a whopping 32 items! Now, I'm not saying that its an unpardonable sin to squeeze in an extra few items every once in a while, but 22 over the limit? She had 3 times as much as that lane was designated for!!! I think she saw me counting because she moved right in front of the cart so that she was blocking my view. I don't know is it was "karma" coming back to bite her in her obviously illiterate butt, or if another cashier saw me staring daggers at her... but all of a sudden this lady (an employee) came up to me and ushered me to another lane that had just opened. This other lady looked up and pulled this face like, "Hey, I was here first!" but to no avail, she had to sit there and wait while I (and my FIVE items) got scooted through before her cashier even started scanning her 32... oh well, too bad, SO sad! HMPH!

No comments: