"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hmm...

So the storm is over and as always, it was far more hype than anything else. Sure, we got some ice and yeah there are a few inches of sleet on the ground, but thats about it. At least here in OKC... other places got hammered, but not us. So after alllllllll this talk about being prepared for the worst ice storm since 2002 (the BIG one), yadda yadda yadda, I find this all very anticlimatic. As you can see we are still enjoying the comforts of electricity so I decided to spend some time sewing this afternoon. While doing so, I looked out the window and saw this:

I guess they were bored too! Not too sure how far this guy is going to get. In the 5 minutes I've been watching him, he's spent more time on the ground than upright. Despite the fact that it looks like fluffy white snow, it really isn't. That stuff is packed sleet/ice and you'd probably ice skate on it better than anything else!

No comments: