"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Husband the Tabloid...

Contrary to popular belief (due to a recent blog by my dear dear hubby) I am NOT a pothead, nor was I EVER a pothead. Truth be told, I was probably the most goody-two-shoe teen in my entire school! You can ask my friends... always boring, predictable, and by-the-rules Alex. I take pride in my good behavior and although it may sound stupid, LOVED that my parents always boasted to their friends (parents of troubled teens) that I never gave them a day of grief their whole lives! Granted, I may have had a day or two in which I had a momentary lapse of judgement (I can seriously count them on 1 hand) but the worst grief I made my parents go through was telling me to clean my room... repeatedly... woops! I take so much pride in this, because unlike me, I know my dear hubby to have been quite the mischief maker during his formative years... and I hold to the comfort that if we have "troubled teens" it will be all his fault b/c thats what happens. Its the Mother's Curse... you've all heard it, "You just wait until you have kids and they do this to YOU! Blah, blah, blah..." So there... now you all know and my reputation can go back to its unscathed, impecable form. Hmph! ;)

2 comments:

Clark said...

I can attest to the fact that in college Alex was extremely boring and unfun! :)

Alex said...

gee... thanks! I wasn't THAT boring! You know you got kicks out of watching me have my uncontrolable snorting fits on the floor outside of Young Hall!