So you know how I was whining about how puny this ice storm was and how anticlimatic it felt? Well... I spoke too soon. On my way home from work on Monday I lost control of my car, spun a full 180º and ended up 1/2 way in a ditch! NOT cool. It all happened really quickly and I while I didn't really enjoy spinning out(and ending up in oncoming traffic), I was very blessed to have done so (since there were no cars coming), rather than having rolled head first down a 6 foot drop-off on my side of the road! That would have been BAD and I could have rolled the car over on its top and been seriously injured.
I ended up calling Ben on my cell and he and his brother came to my rescue. While I was waiting for them, I saw the same thing happen to pickup, a few hundred feet in front of me. I decided to walk over and see if the driver was ok and needed a cell to call someone... he was alright and had a phone so I walked back to my car I must've been stopped by 5 ot 6 people in cars asking if I was ok and needed a ride/help. Oklahomans are very nice. I reassured them that I was ok and that help was on its way, got back in my car and munched on some Goldfish crackers. (The weatherman said to make sure you keep a blanket, and some food in the car just in case you are stuck for a while... good thing I listened!) About an hour later I was safe and warm and glad to be off the road!
It is now Wednesday and I'm back to work. The roads are still horrendous and Ben is driving me. It is snowing today and we're supposed to get hit with another 6" of snow/sleet this weekend. Considering that it hasn't gotten above 25º all week and nothing has melted, this could make for another rough weekend... So much for complaining about the puny storm, huh?

No comments:
Post a Comment