Ok, so a few days ago Ben and I somehow got onto a conversation about Wal-Mart and all the people out there that hate it. Apparently I've been living in some sort of cave my whole life and never knew that such a population existed, much less was I aware of its supposed size. (I am told it is quite large) I guess if you're someone whose small business was bulldozed over to make room for an upcoming supercenter well... ok, you have reason to hate. But for the rest of us out there... why all the contentious feelings? Who actually enjoys purchasing overpriced goods at some high-falutin' hoighty-toighty store when you can save a buttload AND be greeted by nice little old ladies/men at the entrance? I mean come on, what more can you want?
Just last night Ben and I were shopping at this glorious store and were pleasantly surprised to find the item we were looking for (pre-lit Christmas tree... yes, I KNOW its not even Halloween yet!) not only in vast quantities (you can't find those if you wait until December you know...) but for a much cheaper price than originally thought it would be. For a mere $29.99 we were able to purchase a 6.5ft pre-lit tree!!! Yes, you read right... $29.99...pre-lit, yes... almost 7', yes. WOW! How can you hate that? I mean really... do you realize how much more you can spend on ornaments and decorations now? (Oh wait... could that be what they want us to do? Well.... at least it'll be cheap, right?) So to all you WAL-MART haters out there(If you really do exist?)... enjoy paying three times as much for half of what we'll be getting this Holiday season...

4 comments:
Who actually enjoys purchasing goods at some dirty, messy store where you can't find anything, and the employees can neither help, nor do they care to try. Rather than be accosted by a creepy old person when trying to shop, I prefer to find somewhere clean, where the items are in stock and I don't have to wait 20 minutes to buy what I want to buy.
Many people out there are Walmart haters because Walmart is some sort of corporate monster taking over the world. Hey, they sell stuff, and people can buy it or not. But as for me and my house, we shop at Target.
Hmm... I dunno about those Wal-Marts in UT (I don't really think I went there much when I lived in Provo)but the ones here in OKC are actually really nice and clean. We can find anything and everything and if you go at the right time (not Saturday afternoon) it doesn't take all that long to shop. I like Target too, but I find less of a selection there... but that could be the stores in OK? Oh and I always end up waiting longer at Target than Wal-Mart... fewer registers open and no self-checkout aisles. But for some stuff(like shoes and clothes), yes... I like Target better.
Dirty? perhaps. Stinky, Umm.. ok, but I have to hand it to Wally World and the gang of thrifty businessmen and women there. They are the pride of Capitalism and the scourge of Socialism. I would say that many people don't like shopping at Wal-Mart, but I do have to say this... They keep going back.
As for me, I hate shopping at Wal-mart. I think they are different here in UT than they are in OK or really anywhere that can be considered the South. Here is one classic example: I went to Wal-mart because I read the ad, and there were 5 things on sale that I wanted to buy. I don't usually go there, but I thought, hey, I'll give them another chance. I spent about 30 minutes looking around the store, and I found 1 of the items I wanted, and 1 that wasn't exactly what I wanted, and wasn't what was advertised in the ad. I just couldn't find any of the other things, which made me frustrated, and so I left the store. I went to Target, found everything, and was checked out in 20 minutes. I just don't like the fact that you can find nothing, and I have never seen a line with fewer than 4 people in it, and it's dirty, and we don't really have cute old people greeting us here. It's either no one, or it's someone that is weird. I'd rather pay a bit more to have an enjoyable shopping experience.
Post a Comment