"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

4 8 15 16 23 42

Ok, so I have this weird sort of love/hate relationship with the tv show LOST. Every week I look forward to and at the same time dread the coming episode. It all started last season when the novelty of freaky endings that left you begging for more started wearing off and was slowly replaced with pure exasperated annoyance. They're really ticking me off. Every week I sit there and swear its the last episode I'm watching, thats it, its over! This show has consumed way too much of my energy and its stopping right now! However... I always find myself sitting there, the following Wednesday night, arms crossed, scowl on my face... watching. I'm powerless to stop and its driving me insane! So much so that it has now invaded my last safe haven from the world... my dreams.
I woke up this morning terrified. I was covered in sweat and something was breathing hot stinky air in my face... Sirius. As I opened my eyes I realized I was home safe in my bed and that what had plagued me just minutes before was only a dream... about LOST?!?! I was running through the jungle with bright orange Crocks on (this must be due to watching too much Mario Batalli on Food Network, but thats another day's blog material!) with Charlie (otherwise known as Merry from Lord of The Rings) and we were looking for Locke because "The Others" had taken him too. We found the hatch and snuck inside and decided that the only place to hide was under thes bunkbeds. Well, John comes in with one of "the others" and starts talking like he's betrayed us and has become one of them. Charlie and I are terrified and I can't help but start crying... Just then a hand reaches down and grabs my brighlty clad foot and John yells, "Alex! I knew that was you!" Charlie and I both get yanked out and thrown outside with a bunch of old rusty cars. Charlie seems to think that they may be our chance for escape but John soon informs us that we are to start a new civilization out here with "the others" and that they have been so kind as to provide us building materials. (The cars???) So then I demand to know where our friends are ( you know, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc) and John laughs and says that they're being punished for trying to jump the fence to feed the polar bear. So Charlie and I walk over to the cars and Locke says he'll be back with some food. After that is all a bit of a fuzz... I recall something about a jail cell and being able to hear Jack and Kate but not see them. Sawyer was no where to be found. I was scared and and all Charlie could talk about was about having to push the stupid button.
The end. I woke up. Sirius was breathing on me and I just lay there mad... stupid show. Its bad enough I can't get away from it while I'm awake, but now in my dreams? This is just ridiculous... so, anyone have any theories? I think the producers are lost and have no idea what they're going to go with the plot. They're just stalling... I mean come on, they brought the stupid polar bear back!!! But who cares... its not like I'm gonna watch it anymore... i think... I hope?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't get into TV shows that seem to thrive on telling the viewer less and less with each passing episode. How many years did X-files go? Did anything ever get answered? (Not that I ever really watched) Same thing with Lost. It's like they're making up random things to happen constantly and it's never going to get anywhere. For some reason, these shows just don't suck me in. I suppose part of the problem is that once they suck you in, you're stuck, but conversely, if you've missed the first few shows, you'll never catch up.

Ben said...

Lost makes the world go 'round, haven't you figured it out yet?