"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Monday, October 23, 2006

Faith restored

So I just read something that brings a ray of sunshine into my otherwise drab and boring world that is insurance. Some friends of mine were in a very scary car accident this weekend while taking a roadtrip out to Colorado. While reading about it on their sister's blog (Suzanne, I know you'll never read this b/c you have no idea who I am... but if you do, please accept my condolences on behalf of your dear Johnny. We too have recently lost a much beloved car to the same kind of tragic fate.) I realized that although my job is soooo very b-o-r-i-n-g (as previously blogged about)... it is useful. As my boss loves to say, "Everyone hates paying their car insurance... no one likes it! But when you have an accident, boy are you glad to have it!" So in cases like this, I'm glad I'm in the position to help others out when they have something like that happen to them. And although I personally had nothing to do with it, I'm glad she had insurance and that they were all able to safely get home in a rental car, rather than having to hitchhike. (Especially with that correctional facility nearby... no one would have picked them up!) So thanks guys for restoring my faith in the insurance world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to burst your bubble (and thanks for the condolences about Johnny), but the insurance company seems to have . . . mislaid . . . my car.