"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore ~
Thursday, October 19, 2006
B-o-r-i-n-g
So it hit me last night(while being home taught... yeah, I know... way to be paying attention, huh?) how pathetically boring my life is right now... Let me explain. So we were going around the room (new HT'ers) sharing what we do for a living. This is what we came up with: 2 insurance geeks (that would be Ben and I), an auditor (heehee... can you get more boring?), and an attorney. 10 years ago if you'd asked me what I'd be doing with my life I would have laughed until I turned blue if you'd said, "Well no Alex... you're actually going to be working in insurance!" Sure, for some people I guess insurance is a fascinating world... full of numbers, stupid rules, and terminology that makes NO sense... (Did you know that Inland Marine policies have absolutely NOTHING to do with lakes, boats, or anything water related?) But for me... well, its a slow and steady death. My boss is great and sure I get to dink around online or play Civ.IV on bossman's computer when its slow... but I anxiously await the day I FINALLY have my degree and can practice in my own field. Ahhh... bunches of rowdy and sticky pre-schoolers. I'm sure on certain days (when they are especially rambunctious) I'll be longing for my old desk job but for right now... *sigh* the smell of Elmers glue sure does bring a tear to my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, I've got a boring life too. And that is even while working in my field! Everyone thought, wow, you work with patients, that sounds exciting, but it really wasn't. But then again, they weren't kids. Kids are unpredictable, which keeps things exciting.
Post a Comment