
You know, the one that sucks you into Oklahoma and then never lets you escape? Yeah, that one. Anyway, I found myself watching the bedlam game last night, between OSU and OU. I then found myself cheering on one of the teams... That's right, me. Cheering on an OK team. Yeah, I know... like I said, I blame it on the black hole... it apparently has addled my brain a bit more than I thought.
I cheered for OSU. I'm going back to school next summer and I'm abour 90% sure thats where I'll be going. OSU has a campus here in OKC, a good RN program (Nursing was my first major, before I had my most monumental brain fart and changed it to MFHD... a totally useless degree in the real world, sad but true. By that I mean it's useless when trying to get a good job, not that the knowledge behind it is useless) and odds are I'll be able to complete it all with night classes in a relatively short span of time. I like my job and all, but it's not a career, and it's not where I want to stay forever. Now that we've had to put our dreams of parenthood on long-term hold (due to health reasons, not to mention IVF and/or adoption aren't cheap!) I think it's about time I focus on doing something worthwhile, such as finishing my edumacation and doing some good in the world.
Anyway, OSU lost, but they fought the good fight and had OU sweating the big bullet there for a while. It was fun to watch. It will be exciting to feel more involved next year when I am actually a student of this school. I never thought I'd ever be counted amongst OK school fans, but OSU is cool, I guess. At least it's not a school that takes pride in and names itself after a bunch of sneaks and thieves. Why anyone would be proud of that is beyond me... perhaps the black hole addled their brains too... only to the point of insanity?
Teehee... Can you tell I hate OU? ;)

8 comments:
Sooners are no worse than pirates. As a matter of fact, they never killed anyone that I know about. So why is it ok for all of the teams that are named "pirates" and not sooners?
A) Two wrongs don't make a right
B) I don't support any pirate teams that I'm aware of, so that point is moot.
C) They were still sneaks and thieves and even if they didn't kill, it wasn't right and I don't understand where all the pride comes from such an act.
D) OU sucks! :)
PS> That was me posting that 2nd post, just forgot to sign back in under my name.
Apparently OU doesn't suck since they are going to the Big 12 Championship and probably the National Championship...so there! :P
Boomer!
Sooner!
Don't be jealous that it's such a great school too! But on another note I'm very proud of you for going back to school and doing what you want! Way to go!
First of all, OSU never really had OU sweating there. Trust me, I was at the game. :)
Second, hating on OU for no reason is just bad form. You have to have a good reason, like they stole your pet monkey or something legit like that.
Post a Comment