"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cortisone Shot- Part Deux

*Sigh* Yes, I got another cortisone shot yesterday... two actually! Where did my "no more shots over my dead body!" resolve go? Well, when she told me it was either that or PT in order to avoid surgery! Normally I'd sign up for PT in a heartbeat, but seeing as its very costly, Ben just had surgery plus an almost week long stay in the hospital (whose bills are just barely starting to come in), and I used up the remainder of my vacation time until May(which means I can't take time off to go do PT 3x's /week for 6 weeks)... yeah, the shot was the best way to go, unfortunately.

This time she gave me a shot in the same place as before, as well as right below my ankle, on the inside of my foot. She did my ankle first and boy was that not pleasant! I have to say, it was so unpleasant that it made my 2nd shot (the one that had previously made me see stars, 2 weeks ago) seem not so bad this time. I was told to go home, put my foot up and take 800mg Ibuprofen 3 times/day for the next 3 days to help with the pain. Surpringly enough, I woke up pretty sore & bruised today but not as bad as last time! Phew... let's hope it continues this well.

We're putting off the orthotics until January, once out FSA kicks back in. Until then, we're just going to hope and pray these shots do the trick for now. Ben was instructed to continue popping my bone back in place regularly to take pressure off the pinched nerve... oh, the joy...

No comments: