NO, I'm not pregnant... just adjusting to some new medication and dealing with some Endo-related nasties.
Does anyone know how to make never-ending nausea go away? I'm taking Phenegran, but seeing as that puts me to sleep I can only take it at night. For the past week I've been puking/on the verge of puking (depends on the day) all day, every day. Its not fun. Saltines have become my new best friend and my trashcan at work now plays a whole new role... I've given up on food, especially milk...
I hear Vitamin B-6 is supposed to be good, and my dad mentioned something he read about sucking on lemons? Now that sounds like a sure fire way to make yourself puke, but he swears that's what he read. I haven't tried it... I don't know that I will. Anyway, if anyone out there has any suggestions, please... enlighten me.
Thanks in advance from my oh-so-unhappy tummy.
PS> On the upside, I've been so preoccupied with retaining the contents of my stomach that I barely think about my foot these days! Ah, there's the silver lining I was looking for! :)

6 comments:
get some Zofran, or one of the much cheaper generic options. That has worked wonders for Tiff.
Zofran is what I used. It is very expensive and insurance doesn't usually like you to get too many. I would also drink peppermint tea. It would help sometimes. Oh, and with the zofran, I found that the ones that dissolve in your mouth are much more effective then the pill.
Drinking 7up always helps ease my stomach. The carbonation is suppose to help.
Chamomile (sp?) tea works too to soothe an upset stomach. But I would go with the medicine others have told you.
That sucks! I know how you feel and I feel for anyone that is nauseated all day long. The last time I filled a Zofran prescription it was only $10 and I got 30 pills. You can usually check with your insurance to see if it's covered.
Thanks guys, for all the input. I'm actually feeling a bit better today so I'm hoping things will keep getting better. If not, I'll be requesting Zofran for sure.
Post a Comment