... Because if they told the truth you'd never let them touch you!!!
I had my 1 week post-op today.... I won't get into too many gross details, but suffice it to say that it was torture! I've had a raw, open, VERY painful wound on the ball of my foot all week. It's been trying very hard to scab over and heal. Today my doctor decides to take a scalpel to it and SCRAPE it all off and make it all raw and open and bleeding again!!! Did I mention that there was no numbing prior to this? Yeah... I'm NOT very happy right now, as my foot is once again throbbing and bleeding... hooray. And I have to go back in 2 weeks to get this done again?!?! The cat's out of the bag now though... Can't fool me with the old, "Oh this will just hurt a liiiiiiiiittle bit for just a second!" line... grrr...
Then she looks at my toe again. Tries to bend it... it won't! "Yep, its still locked! Looks like I'll have to pop it back in again." I just about almost lost it right there. My foot was already throbbing and aching and burning SO bad and this woman wants to yank my toe back into place again? (No numbing for this either, mind you) She did.. and it hurt... of course. This time was a bit more forceful, like it wasn't quite working. Then she told me that if it still keeps up (getting locked up) I'd have to bring Ben next time so she could teach him how to relocate the bone again at home... Apparently, with injuries like this, it can be a while before the joints/bones return to normal and are able to stay in place again. With an open wound (that needs constant reopening, argh!!!) on the same foot, its not like they can cast it so... popping it back into place every so often is the best we can do for me... for now, I guess. NOT cool.
Just wanted to whine... er, I mean... give an update. I'm now foing to go take some meds and lay down for a nap and hopefully get away from this pain.

2 comments:
Yikes Alex I had no idea you had a foot injury!!! I hope it heals soon this sounds all too painful!!!
Holy CRAP! Sorry to hear about the foot! Feel free to whine a LOT about that!
Post a Comment