So I went in for my 3 week post-op visit today and sure enough, she wielded a scalpel! Oh wells, it hurt much less this time and to my knowledge, I'm not bleeding profusely right now. :) She also looked at my toe and yes, still locked and bones out of place. Ben was instructed in the art of relocating bones to their proper alignment, and while I was terrified at first, I am confident in his skills now. (Although it didn't exactly just tickle, he didn't rip my toe off, so thats a good start, right?) Then she taped my foot up nice and tight and sprayed some stuff on there to make it harden (kinda like a cast) and I can't get it wet for a few days. Nice. It does feel loads better though, so thats good!
For your anatomical viewing pleasure, the bone thats dislocated is my 1st metatarsal, the thick one that is above the big toe, so technically its the bone of your (middle) foot that your toe is conected to.

In 2 weeks if my foot is still giving me grief we will try something else. What? I have no idea, but hopefully it won't involve scalpels!
No comments:
Post a Comment