Heehee, no, I'm just kidding... who busts their toe on purpose? That's just the klutz in me. But anyway, yah, now I get to wear a pretty post-op shoe and hobble along. I went to the Podiatrist today to have a nasty little bugger of a plantar wart cut out of my foot. It was not a pleasant experince, but I got a pretty purple bandage wrapped around my foot for it! I also had her look at my toe, and after acertaining tha it wasn't broken (phew!) she informed me that it was, however, dislocated and badly mangled! (I can't bend it still, a week later) She then proceeded to "massage" it and then all of a sudden... YANK! She popped that sucker back into place and um... OWWWW!!!!! Depending on how it is next week, we may have to splint or cast it if it doesn't stay in place. This shoe is supposed to help with that, so we'll see.
Moral of the story? When your husband asks you to take his father's edger/weed-wacker back to him.... smile, and kindly tell him no! :) (For those of you that haven't heard the story yet, that's how this happened... I dropped the edger on my toe, cut it open, had to go to Mercy to get a tetanus shot, and limp around for a week on a dislocated toe b/c the shmucks at Mercy didn't think to X-ray it.)

No comments:
Post a Comment