I received my first Lupron shot yesterday... It was all a bit anti-climatic after all the hoops I had to jump through just to get the darn medicine in the first place! It took almost a month to get it approved and mailed to my doctor, but yesterday was the BIG day, finally. I went up there on my lunch break and my nurse gave it to me and it was all over in like 5 seconds. I'm not sure when all the crazy side effects are supposed to start, but I *think* I may have had my first bout with the hot-flashes/nightsweats last night... I wasn't able to sleep very much and kept waking up super hot... then falling asleep and waking up cold... then hot... then cold... etc. I even had a dream that I was in some building that was filling up with lava (no clue where it was coming from) and when I got to the roof, it was raining super hot mud outside! I was trapped and about to burn alive when I woke up... drenched in sweat. Nice, huh? We'll see what this month brings... I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my crazy happenings.
Oh, and on the positive note... I got permission last night to stay on my Metformin throughout my Lupron shots. Why is this so great? Well... I put on 20+ lbs while on all of my lovely fertility drugs and was having a REALLY hard time losing weight. After my surgery I was put on the Metformin and was able to lose it all, yippy!!! Some women have been known to gain like 50 lbs on Lupron ( YIKES!!!) and when I heard that I just about died... hopefully the Metformin will keep me from blowing up, I really like being able to squeeze back into the wardrobe I haven't been able to wear for over a year! :)

1 comment:
Congrats on losing all that weight! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the Lupron doesn't put it back on.
Post a Comment