"It's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore ~
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Just when I was starting to forget...
... about how nasty Lupron can be to my body, I get this phonecall today from the Oncologist at my specialty/mail-order pharmacy. She was wanting to set up my next month's dose and shipment, but first has to remind me and make *sure* I understood the ramifications of this drug. Pretty much five minutes of "Are you aware this is posion they'll be injecting you with and that you can suffer various undesirable side effects such as: (insert looooooooooong list)?" I do believe I'll receive this same phonecall month after month, because I had to listen to the same shpeal last time too. I know they're just doing their job, but I almost wanted to say, "Um yeah- I get it... My hair is falling out, I can't sleep at night, I have become uncomfortably familiar with what my menopausal family members/friends call 'personal summers', and I'm sure with each coming month I'll become aqcuainted with all the other side effects! Please, don't rub it in..." Oh wells, c'est la vie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment